HONOLULU (KHON) — The Department of Health reported 2 new cases of COVID-19 on June 29 for the state, both from Honolulu County. One case previously reported for Maui County was removed after the DOH updated its testing information. The state total is now 900.
Of the 900 total positive tests, 160 are active cases. The DOH reported 89,866 test results have been received as of June 28.
No new cases required hospitalization. Three additional patients were released from isolation. The total number of recoveries is now 722.
Here is an in-depth breakdown:
- Hawaii County: 87
- Honolulu: 638 (2)
- Kauai: 37
- Maui: 122 (-1)
- Pending/Unknown: 0
- HI Residents Diagnosed outside of HI: 16
- Required Hospitalization: 111
- Deaths: 18
- Released from isolation: 722 (3)
For a detailed county-by-county breakdown, visit the DOH website here.
- Patriots look to rebound as they host 2-0 Raiders
- Light trade winds into new week
- Popular Farm to Car program returns to provide local produce for Oahu residents
- Huge decrease in number of active COVID-19 cases due to improved data entry methods by DOH
- Mayors to decide whether to keep or lift inter-island quarantine, or require additional testing