HONOLULU (KHON) — The Department of Health reported 2 new cases of COVID-19 on June 29 for the state, both from Honolulu County. One case previously reported for Maui County was removed after the DOH updated its testing information. The state total is now 900.
Of the 900 total positive tests, 160 are active cases. The DOH reported 89,866 test results have been received as of June 28.
No new cases required hospitalization. Three additional patients were released from isolation. The total number of recoveries is now 722.
Here is an in-depth breakdown:
- Hawaii County: 87
- Honolulu: 638 (2)
- Kauai: 37
- Maui: 122 (-1)
- Pending/Unknown: 0
- HI Residents Diagnosed outside of HI: 16
- Required Hospitalization: 111
- Deaths: 18
- Released from isolation: 722 (3)
For a detailed county-by-county breakdown, visit the DOH website here.
- Caeleb Dressel goes for more gold on Day 7 of Tokyo Games
- Biden expected to announce vaccine mandate for federal workers
- Sponsors praise Simone Biles after withdrawal
- Moderate to breezy expected to strengthen through the weekend
- July 29: Hawaii dodges another tsunami threat following 8.2 earthquake off Alaska