HONOLULU (KHON2) — The Department of Public Safety reported that two more inmates and 1 more adult corrections officer have tested positive for the coronavirus on Aug. 26.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
The department received seven more inmate test results and one staff test result on Wednesday.
The Department of Health and PSD will continue to mass test all OCC inmates. The initial round of mass testing was completed on Aug. 20.
* Numbers are subject to change as pending results are received.
According to the Public Safety Department, one OCCC employee was incorrectly counted twice and has been removed from the list. The current total is reflected in the chart.
Professional deep-cleaning and sanitization services are underway at the prison. Sanitation of Annex 1 was complared on Tuesday, Aug. 25. All of the affected units that housed COVID-positive inmates will be addressed through this process.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Consumer Alert: Scammers target online shoppers, college students with waiting package scam
- Multiple Microsoft services down across U.S.
- Light and variable winds expected through the week
- Coronavirus: DOH reports 90 new cases brings state total to 12,203
- 150 million rapid COVID-19 tests to be distributed to all U.S. states