HILO, Hawaii (KHON2) — The COVID-related death toll rose by two at the Yukio Okutsu State Veterans Home, Avalon Healthcare officials reported on Sunday, Sept. 13.
Get news on the go with KHON 2GO, KHON’s morning podcast, every morning at 8
This brings the cumulative count to 12 resident deaths at the facility.
No new resident cases reported, but one more employee did test positive for the virus on Sunday, bringing the employee count total to 28. The resident total remains at 66.
Four residents are hospitalized at Hilo Medical Center, but a total of 17 residents and five employees have recovered from the virus.
Over in Hilo Medical Center, no new cases were reported on Sunday so the total as of Sept. 13 remains at 18 positive cases. Six remain in the ICU and 12 are in the COVID unit.
Hospital officials said that one person died on Tuesday, Sept. 8, at the hospital. It is not related to the Yukio Okutsu State Veterans Home.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Aloha Authentic: Honoring Hawaiian History Month
- Gov. Ige’s request to halt nonessential travel impacts Hawaii hotel bookings, prices
- Business Matters: Changing lives through empowerment at Pacific Gateway Center
- Kayaker airlifted from Moku Nui Island after becoming ill while paddling out
- Flood advisory posted for Hawaii Island