HONOLULU (KHON2) — The Department of Public Safety reported on Sept. 26 that 19 Oahu Community Correctional Center (OCCC) inmates tested positive for the coronavirus.
Department officials said that they continued to mass test all inmates at the facility. They received 150 inmate test results and 22 staff test results on Saturday. Nineteen of the results returned positive and the remaining were negative.
Staff recoveries increased to 81.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Waianae Satellite City Hall closed do to nearby water main break
- Restaurant Week Hawaii: Cafe Kaila
- Oct. 26: Governor Ige is expected to make an official announcement on a stay-at-home order for Lanai
- Tracking the Tropics: Tropical Storm Zeta nearing hurricane strength as it moves toward Yucatan Peninsula
- Light trade winds, with an increase in afternoon showers to kick off the week