HONOLULU (KHON2) — In light of Governor Ige’s stay at home order, the Hawaii Police Department says that in its first week of enforcement 18 people have violated the order.
Nine have been arrested, six cited, and criminal cases have been opened against three people.
- Kona District: 3 people arrested, 4 people cited
- South Hilo District: 2 people arrested, 2 people cited
- Puna District: 2 people arrested, 1 criminal case initiated
- Kaʻū District: 1 person arrested, 2 cases initiated
- South Kohala District: 1 person arrested
Don’t listen and expect to face up to a $5,000 fine, and/or one year in prison, or both.
- Jane’s Fountain, long-time Liliha restaurant hopes to survive pandemic
- Employee at The Ching Villas tests positive for COVID-19
- More hotels announce reopening dates after pre-travel testing takes effect
- WATCH: Shark swims near beachgoers in water in Waikiki
- What you need to know about casting your vote in the upcoming election