HONOLULU (KHON2) — The Department of Health reported 173 new cases of COVID-19 on August 5 for the state: All 173 cases are from Honolulu County. The cumulative state total is now 2,763.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
The DOH reported 168,422 test results have been received as of August 5.
48 additional patients were released from isolation. The total number of recoveries is now 1,402.
Here is an in-depth breakdown:
- Hawaii County: 122
- Honolulu: 2,394 (173)
- Kauai County: 47
- Maui County: 177
- Pending/Unknown: (0)
- HI Residents Diagnosed outside of HI: 23
- Required Hospitalization: 214 (6)
- Deaths: 27
- Released from isolation: 1,402 (48)
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Nā Mele ʻUkulele
- Light trades will eventually be replaced with variables
- The fate of Dillingham Airfield is still in the air
- USS Arizona Memorial will resume tours on Sept. 28
- Potential COVID-19 vaccine being developed at UH