HONOLULU (KHON2) — 15 people were cited on Sunday on Kauai for entering a closed area.
The state land department says, it began receiving reports last week of people in the Kalalau section of the Na Pali Coast.
That area remains closed due to the pandemic.
When officers got there, there were between 25 to 30 people but many of them ran off.
Two large boats also took people out of the area which is always prohibited in the park.
THE LATEST ON KHON2
- Limited dine-in capacity and flower shortage expected this Valentine’s Day
- Labor unions push lawmakers to drop GET on groceries
- Teacher vaccinations slowed by vaccine shortage, educators unsure about the process
- Lt. Gov. Green: We’ve given more vaccines than we’ve had cases
- Half of Hawaii residents want a COVID-19 vaccine, survey says