HONOLULU (KHON) — The Department of Health confirmed 14 new cases of coronavirus today; 10 new cases on Oahu, 3 non-Hawaii residents, and one that is currently unknown. This brings the statewide total to 90 as of noon, March 24th. There was a discrepancy in the DOH data from yesterday which reported 77 cases instead of 76.
Two of the new cases required hospitalization.
Yesterday saw an increase of 21 new cases, and last night saw the first potential death related to coronavirus. Governor Ige issued an emergency, statewide stay-at-home order to stop the spread, which goes into effect at 12:01 a.m. on Wednesday morning.
Here is the current list of positive cases by county:
US Non-Hawaii Residents: 11
International Residents: 3
Required Hospitalization: 6
This is a developing story. We will update it as more details emerge.
- Kate McKinnon, Pete Davidson departing from ‘SNL’
- What it takes to be ‘wealthy’ in 12 US cities: survey
- Pandemic babies with development delays can be helped to make up for lost social interaction – 5 tips for parents
- Bad news for the 2022 hurricane season: The Loop Current, a fueler of monster storms, is looking a lot like it did in 2005, the year of Katrina
- See the 10 cheapest, most expensive US airports to fly from