HONOLULU (KHON) — The Department of Health confirmed 14 new cases of coronavirus today; 10 new cases on Oahu, 3 non-Hawaii residents, and one that is currently unknown. This brings the statewide total to 90 as of noon, March 24th. There was a discrepancy in the DOH data from yesterday which reported 77 cases instead of 76.
Two of the new cases required hospitalization.
Yesterday saw an increase of 21 new cases, and last night saw the first potential death related to coronavirus. Governor Ige issued an emergency, statewide stay-at-home order to stop the spread, which goes into effect at 12:01 a.m. on Wednesday morning.
Here is the current list of positive cases by county:
US Non-Hawaii Residents: 11
International Residents: 3
Required Hospitalization: 6
This is a developing story. We will update it as more details emerge.
- Flash flood watch issued for Kauai and Oahu
- Police charge man suspected of stabbing woman and her child to death in Ewa Beach
- State DOE looking to modify high school graduation requirements
- City working to open a medical, quarantine center for homeless
- City’s parking exceptions now in effect