HONOLULU (KHON) — The Department of Health confirmed 14 new cases of coronavirus today; 10 new cases on Oahu, 3 non-Hawaii residents, and one that is currently unknown. This brings the statewide total to 90 as of noon, March 24th. There was a discrepancy in the DOH data from yesterday which reported 77 cases instead of 76.
Two of the new cases required hospitalization.
Yesterday saw an increase of 21 new cases, and last night saw the first potential death related to coronavirus. Governor Ige issued an emergency, statewide stay-at-home order to stop the spread, which goes into effect at 12:01 a.m. on Wednesday morning.
Here is the current list of positive cases by county:
US Non-Hawaii Residents: 11
International Residents: 3
Required Hospitalization: 6
This is a developing story. We will update it as more details emerge.
- Judge rejects Trump’s immunity argument in federal 2020 election case
- How to care for a real Christmas tree
- Navy plans to recover downed aircraft in Kaneohe Bay with ‘roller bags’
- LIST: Christmas parades in Hawaii this weekend
- ‘Killer preying on the unhoused’: LA police seek suspect after 3 men found dead