HONOLULU (KHON2) — The Department of Education has sent a letter home to parents regarding recommendations the DOE is following concerning the Coronavirus.
While the risk to Hawaii remains low, the department has suspended school-related travel to mainland China for students and staff.
The health department says it will report to education officials any cases of home monitoring for students and staff, and it will let the school know exactly how long the person should not be on campus.
- Japan to close schools nationwide to control spread of virus
- Social Scene: The Truth about Expensive Cars
- Sunshine and breezy conditions continue Thursday, with changes coming into the weekend
- Two men hospitalized following a head-on crash on Moanalua Freeway
- Stronger winds and heavy rain expected this weekend