In this extended conversation from our episode on aloha ʻāina and sustainability, host Kamaka Pili sits down with farmer Ikaika Bishop and Chef Mark Noguchi as they break down how every part of the kalo (taro) is used from the leaf to the corm, and the ancestral relationship Hawaiians have with it referencing back to their creation.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- High court front-runner Amy Coney Barrett hailed by right
- Stimulus checks: GOP, Democrats agree to restart relief talks
- Hispanic Heritage: Family band takes music to Facebook Live amid pandemic
- Light and variable winds return Sunday
- When selecting the best mask, gaiters and valve masks are not recommended