In this extended conversation from our episode on aloha ʻāina and sustainability, host Kamaka Pili sits down with farmer Ikaika Bishop and Chef Mark Noguchi as they break down how every part of the kalo (taro) is used from the leaf to the corm, and the ancestral relationship Hawaiians have with it referencing back to their creation.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- US Osprey aircraft with 6 aboard crashes off coast of Japan, at least 1 dead
- Flood watch remains for all islands
- Microplastics found in organ vital to babies growth; how that could impact development
- Kaneohe residents worry overgrown stream could flood, and it wouldn’t be the first time
- Pahoa standoff ends after nearly eight hours