In this extended conversation from our episode on aloha ʻāina and sustainability, host Kamaka Pili sits down with farmer Ikaika Bishop and Chef Mark Noguchi as they break down how every part of the kalo (taro) is used from the leaf to the corm, and the ancestral relationship Hawaiians have with it referencing back to their creation.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Health officials confirm 6 cases of the COVID-19 variant in Hawaii
- Democrats demand support for American Relief Plan as Republicans push for ‘vote-a-rama’
- Road closures scheduled for repair work in Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Kauai hospitals expand vaccine appointments to residents 70 and older
- How the 3 COVID-19 vaccines compare