KHON-TV is a LIN Media station. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite interested applicants to introduce their skills and talents to us. We offer competitive salaries and wages and a standard benefit package that includes a 401K Plan and medical and dental plans. Click on any of the following links to learn about current job opportunities at KHON-TV:
Notice: If your organization is involved in assisting job seekers, and you would like to receive KHON2's job-vacancy information via email, please click here to email your contact information to us.
Current Job Opportunities:
Please see below for details about each position. Click here to email your résumé and cover letter to us. We prefer that you use email, but you may also send them and any other requested materials to:
88 Piikoi Street
Honolulu, HI 96814
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
We're looking for an energetic self-starter with good presentation skills to join our sales team. Extensive training and support will be provided. The successful candidate will have the motivation and desire to be the best and will be willing to develop new business and work in a challenging fast paced environment. We will consider applicants who have worked in broadcast in either a sales or administrative position. A college degree is preferred.
Applicants should be skilled in using Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Good communication skills, personal transportation, insurance and a clean driver's abstract are a must.
We're looking for a Digital Account Executive to develop opportunities to grow station's revenue stream for all digital properties, including display, mobile, text, and social media. Experience with back-end tools for inventory assessment, SEM (search engine marketing), SEO (search engine optimization), and CPM rating is necessary.
Developing relationships with clients while fully understanding their business models and creatively designing solutions for their marketing and advertising goals is critical to the Digital Account Executive's success in this position.
The Digital Account Executive is expected to generate a high volume of sales-related activity, including cold calling, making presentations, fulfilling requests for proposals, reporting on ad campaign results, and continuously prospecting to close new revenue.
The successful candidate must prove he or she can be on top of shifting media trends, present him or herself as a digital leader in the market and be well versed as to how the web is impacting marketplaces. The successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to think creatively, sell strategically, and communicate effectively internally and externally.
The ideal candidate will have. . .
- The ability to grow and maintain an account list;
- A track record for developing long-term relationships with (and commitments from) major clients and agencies;
- Excellent closing and time managements skills and be able to work in a fast paced and deadline oriented environment;
- A proven track record for success in digital media sales;
- The ability to stay up-to-date with industry developments;
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal skills, excellent communication and presentation skills, including basic computer skills for Microsoft Office Suite;
- A valid Hawaii Driver's license with a good driving record.
- Some college is preferred, although a high school diploma and 2-4 years of proven sales experience in digital or media sales may be substituted for a degree.
KHON2 is seeking a Digital Executive Producer (DEP) to lead the editorial development of the station's digital portfolio of websites, projects, and initiatives.
The DEP is a newsroom management position that is responsible for developing and coordinating news content for our digital platforms to complement and extend our broadcast news coverage. The ideal candidate will be an exemplary communicator who is well versed in digital technology and social media strategy. An understanding of SEO, analytics, and what users want in a successful news website is expected.
- Must be able to combine good communications skills with technical knowledge.
- Have a complete understanding of the content management systems and how they interact.
- Have an understanding of the news gathering and newsroom technology workflow.
- Be responsible for building new content sections on the fly for breaking news.
- Have an understanding web technologies (HTML, XML, RSS, CSS, FTP).
- Degree in media arts, communications, broadcast journalism, film/television production or other related field preferred.
- Three years plus experience preferred.
We're looking for an exceptional Motion Graphics Artist/Editor to bring the KHON2 News brand to life, visually. The Motion Graphics Artist / Editor will be in charge of concepting and producing news image spots, news targeted report spots, and news proof of performance spots. In addition, they may also be tasked with editing a client-based commercial spot from time to time.
This job is full of variety and offers the opportunity to expand your creativity in a fast-paced, exciting environment. Some of the daily and long-term tasks include:
- Editing daily topical newscast spots
- Concepting and editing a variety of spots for the KHON2 News
- Concepting, designing, and editing custom moving graphics for newscasts
- Implementing various elements of the KHON2 News graphics package
- Designing graphics packages for KHON2-produced shows and specials
- Designing graphic elements for KHON2.com
- Editing client-based commercials during busy production periods
- Assist and collaborate with the marketing team on long-term station marketing goals
- Collaborate in the concept and production of station image promotions
The ideal candidate must be able to work well under pressure, and be able to work under tight deadlines. The Motion Graphics Artist must possess a keen eye for design, aesthetics, and typography. Experience with Adobe After Effects is a must. Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Cinema 4D is highly preferred. Must be familiar with an editing suite, such as Avid, Final Cut, or Adobe Premiere. A BS in Marketing, Advertising or Public Relations and or 3-5 years relevant experience in television promotion/production and graphic design preferred.
We're looking for a full-time News Reporter. Candidate must have excellent news judgment, writing and communications skills; show initiative with story ideas; have a strong command of current events, including local, national and world news; and have at least five years experience in television newsrooms. The successful candidate will be an energetic storyteller.
College Degree in related field is preferred.
We're looking for a Video Journalist to develop and produce news stories by investigating, interviewing, shooting, writing, editing, producing and reporting on a daily basis.
- Have the capability to use creativity and imagination in all aspects of producing news stories.
- Able to exercise strong professional news judgment in developing stories.
- Have knowledge in the use of field cameras, gear and editing system.
- Be proficient in photojournalism and video editing techniques.
- Produce stories that are factually accurate, fair and balanced in content, and written and delivered in a clear and concise manner.
- Obtain news information by developing sources and using research and interviewing skills.
- Conduct live or pre-recorded on-camera interviews.
- Contribute ideas for news stores, and participate in editorial meetings.
Applicants must have newsroom experience; reporter/video journalist experience (1-2 years minimally) is preferred. Knowledge about Hawaii is a plus. You must possess or be able to obtain a valid Hawaii driver's license.