The cost for the prosecution in the Christopher Deedy murder trial is into the thousands.
According to the Department of the Prosecuting Attorney, it cost more than $7,100 to fly witnesses in and out, plus an additional $1,900 for their daily allowance.
Expert testimony from former medical examiner Dr. Kanthi De Alwis cost $1,100, and consultant fees came out to $2,500.
The grand total was more than $12,700.
Deedy is accused of killing Kollin Elderts at a Waikiki McDonald's in Nov. 2011.
Judge Karen Ahn declared a mistrial Monday after jurors said they were unable to unanimously decide on a verdict.
The prosecutor's office is looking to re-try the case.
- Hearing rescheduled to discuss Deedy retrial
- City defends prosecution's decision in Deedy trial
- Longtime lawyers question prosecution's argument in Deedy case
- Former city prosecutor Carlisle weighs in on Deedy murder trial
- Deedy juror speaks exclusively to KHON2 News
- Former prosecutor says Deedy retrial would not benefit either side
- Elderts family 'exhausted' after trial
- Mistrial declared in Deedy murder trial
- Lawyer: Jurors in Deedy murder trial stuck without manslaughter option
- Former prosecutor shares insight as deliberations continue in Deedy murder trial
- Closing arguments wrap up in Deedy murder trial
- Former prosecutor breaks down Deedy's testimony
- Prosecutors: Deedy could have walked away from the confrontation
- Special agent Deedy explains why he drew his gun
- Special agent accused of murder takes the stand
- Nurse: Special agent did not appear drunk the morning of deadly shooting
- Friend told special agent 'Let's just go' moments before the deadly shooting
- Defense calls first witness to the stand in Deedy murder trial
- Police detective testifies in Deedy murder trial, last prosecution witness
- Friend of victim cross-examined, explains why he didn't leave
- Deedy's friend back on the stand, claims he was severely beaten before the shooting
- Deedy's friend chronicles night of deadly shooting
- Bullet expert takes the stand in Deedy murder trial
- Evidence specialist: Deedy smelled of alcohol hours after deadly shooting
- Former Marine describes threat made before deadly shooting
- Arresting officer, eyewitness testify in Deedy murder trial
- Man in middle of deadly fight didn't feel threatened
- Prosecutors show surveillance video in Deedy murder trial
- Deedy trial day 2: Victim's friend gives emotional testimony
- Trial underway for federal agent accused of Waikiki murder
Honolulu police continue to search for a serial rapist who they believe assaulted three women in the Makakilo and Liliha areas. KHON2 spoke with criminal experts on how you can better protect yourself and your family.
A $65,000 piece of equipment ripped off from the city is making officials think twice about where to store its property.
Gov. Neil Abercrombie announced Friday that the State of Hawaii ended fiscal year 2013 with a positive fund balance of $844 million. The state's positive balance marks a $1.1 billion turn-around since the governor took office.