Nearly a week after a massive molasses spill entered Honolulu Harbor, the company responsible for the incident laid out a timeline of events at a press conference on Saturday.
- Saturday 6:00 p.m. - SS Maui Matson ship arrives
- Saturday 6:30 p.m. - Pumping of molasses begins
- Sunday 10:00 a.m. - Molasses transfer complete, no indication of problems
- Monday 7:00 a.m. - Reports of unusual substance in the water
- Monday afternoon - Environmental response contractor arrives on scene for inspections
- Tuesday mid-day - leak discovered
- Molasses spill could take months to dissipate
- Matson takes KHON2 to the spill impact zone
- Matson lays out timeline of massive molasses spill in Honolulu Harbor
- DLNR closes Keehi Lagoon because of molasses spill
- Keehi Lagoon waters closed to water recreational activities following molasses spill
- State partially to blame for molasses spill
- Future remains murky for Honolulu waters after massive molasses spill
- EPA personnel to arrive in Oahu to aid Honolulu Harbor response
- Effects of massive molasses spill continue to grow
- Matson faces tough questions on massive molasses spill in Honolulu Harbor
- Matson could face millions in federal fines after molasses spill
- Fish dying in large numbers after molasses spill
- Thousands of fish killed after massive molasses spill in Honolulu Harbor
Honolulu police arrested a man wanted in connection with a shooting in Pearl City last month.
A California company is proposing a second wind farm next to the current Kahuku wind farm.
The mayor says ad sales would help close a huge budget gap. But at least one group believes the ads would spoil Hawaii's beauty.