The man accused of murdering a local realtor and aspiring actress has been charged.
Vernon Baker, 41, is charged with second-degree murder in the death of 58-year-old Mary Beth San Juan.
San Juan's body was found wrapped in carpet in the driveway of her Punahou Street home on July 23.
Baker was arrested Saturday afternoon at Ala Moana Center.
Vernon's bail has been set at $200,000.
He is expected to make his initial appearance in court on Tuesday.
- Tourists shared a room with Makiki murder suspect at Waikiki hostel
- Police arrest suspect in Makiki murder case
- Map of evidence collected by HPD in Punahou Street murder
- New piece of evidence discovered in Makiki murder investigation
- Cause of death released for local realtor, actress
- Surveillance video shows suspect used murder victim's ATM card
- Family, friends shocked after woman found dead outside Makiki home
It's the holiday season and that means parties, fun and for some, drinking. However, police are on the lookout for drunk drivers. One family offered a reminder on Sunday, why it's important to not drink and drive.
KHON2 is learning more about the elderly man who died after being attacked in Chinatown.
83-year-old Mamerto "Eddie" Semana was found on Kukui Street early Wednesday morning not far from where he lived.
Dry weather conditions made for a great day as thousands of runners participated in the 41st Annual Honolulu Marathon.