City offices will be closed on Tuesday, June 11 in observance of King Kamehameha Day, a state holiday.
- Emergency ambulance, fire, lifeguard and police services will be available.
- Municipal golf courses, the zoo and botanical gardens will be open.
- Regular Tuesday refuse collections will be made and landfills/transfer stations will be open.
- TheBus will operate on its state holiday schedule. (For route and schedule information, go to www.thebus.org, or call 848-5555.)
- The People's Open Markets will not be held.
- Neal Blaisdell Box office will be closed.
- Satellite City Halls and Driver License locations will be closed.
- Traffic lanes will not be coned.
- On-street parking will be free, except for meters on Kalakaua Avenue along Kapiolani Park.
An Oahu family says it was a trip to the dentist that went horribly wrong. A 3-year-old girl is now in a coma and her parents say her dentist is responsible.
A 25-year-old Pearl City man is dead following an early-morning motorcycle crash.
One of the survivors in a plane crash off Molokai was determined to get everyone out and into their life vests, even swimming a half mile to shore to flag down help.