An early morning blaze at a house in Pupukea was an accident, according to Honolulu Fire Department officials.
The fire was reported shortly after 12 a.m. Thursday in a home on Alapio Road.
According to HFD, the fire started in a second-floor bedroom because of a malfunction in the cord of a floor lamp.
No injuries were reported.
Total damage is estimated at $370,000.
Related story: Firefighters put out house fire in Pupukea
One person is dead following a plane crash in waters off Kalaupapa, Molokai, according to Maui Fire Department officials.
There's a grinch at the Hawaii State Veteran's Cemetery. At least, that's what those who have loved ones buried there are saying. They've been told their holiday decorations at gravesites will have to come down.
Meals will not be prepared at Waipahu Elementary School. At least, not until the state figures out why 42 people, mostly children, became sick after lunch on Tuesday.