The Hawaii County Civil Defense announced that emergency shelters closed at 5 p.m. Monday on the Big Island.
The shelters were opened at 4 a.m. Monday for anyone who needed a place to stay.
The list of shelters include:
- Pahala Community Center in Ka'u
- Mountain View Elementary School
- Pahoa Community Center
- Aunty Sally's Luau Hale in Hilo
- Laupahoehoe Charter School
- Honoka'a Sports Complex
- Waimea Community Center
- Hisaoka Gym in North Kohala
- West Hawaii Civic Center in Kona
The National Weather Service has issued a high surf advisory for the north-facing shores for Kauai, Oahu, Molokai, Maui, and Niihau until 6 p.m. Sunday.
The city has received more reports of stray bullets from the Koko Head Rifle Range. So the city is closing the range while it figures out how to make it safer.
An Ewa Beach teenager's dream came true Friday thanks to the Make-A-Wish Foundation.