What started out as an evening of fun with friends, ended with the fatal shooting of Kollin Elderts.
On Thursday, Elderts' friend Shane Medeiros testified in the Christopher Deedy murder trial.
Medeiros told jurors that he and Elderts had been laughing and joking with the cashiers and customers at a Waikiki McDonald's when Deedy intervened.
Words were then exchanged.
Medeiros testified Deedy said, "acting like that could get you shot."
"Me and Kollin kind of looked at each other like, 'What?' And that's when Kollin looked up at him and said 'Are you going to shoot me?' And he said, 'Oh, you feel like getting shot? You wanna get shot?' He just said it multiple times," Medeiros said.
The confrontation escalated into a fist fight, then the fatal shooting of Elderts.
The trial resumes Monday when Medeiros will once again take the stand.
- Medical examiner: Man shot by federal agent died from short-range bullet wound
- Deedy's friend back on the stand, claims he was severely beaten before the shooting
- Deedy's friend chronicles night of deadly shooting
- Bullet expert takes the stand in Deedy murder trial
- Evidence specialist: Deedy smelled of alcohol hours after deadly shooting
- Marine describes threat made before deadly shooting
- Arresting officer, eyewitness testify in Deedy murder trial
- Man in middle of deadly fight didn't feel threatened
- Prosecutors show surveillance video in Deedy murder trial
- Deedy trial day 2: Victim's friend gives emotional testimony
- Trial underway for federal agent accused of Waikiki murder
Honolulu police arrested a man wanted in connection with a shooting in Pearl City last month.
A California company is proposing a second wind farm next to the current Kahuku wind farm.
The mayor says ad sales would help close a huge budget gap. But at least one group believes the ads would spoil Hawaii's beauty.